- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. pear preserves
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 Bartlett pears, cut into 6 wedges each
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1. Process 1/4 cup preserves and next 5 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow steady, stream, processing until smooth. Transfer to a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl, and stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. pear preserves.
- 2. Place arugula in a large serving bowl. Top with pears, blue cheese, and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Jackie Mills, Southern Living
Lol, I have to admit that I didnt do this one exactly right initially as I was talking and laughing and really not paying attention. I read through the recipe quickly, while trying to do too many things at once, and added only 2 tbsp of pear preserves rather than the 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp that is called for. It tasted really great but I noticed it was light on the pear flavor...and as I am typing this recipe now, I see why :) It may have also been that by the time I made this I had had a few Sparkling Winter Sangrias, lol.